Air conditioning is of utmost importance for any commercial property. It directly affects the comfort and productivity of employees and customers and, by inference, the bottom line of your business.
On the same note, a poorly functioning or inefficient AC can lead to increased energy costs, decreased productivity, and can even cause severe health issues, especially for individuals with respiratory issues or who are sensitive to allergens.
As such, it is not important to get just any AC for your commercial building but, rather, to get exactly the right type of air conditioning for the ongoing needs of your business. Let’s see which factors you should consider before choosing a portable AC rental from a reputable provider near you.
What is considered a commercial air conditioner?
This is a type of AC system designed specifically for use in commercial spaces, such as offices, warehouses, retail stores, hospitals, restaurants, and other large buildings. They are typically much more powerful and have a greater capacity than their residential counterparts.
Commercial ACs come in several different forms, the most notable being:
- Central systems;
- Rooftop units;
- Split systems;
- Portable units.
It is important to note that there’s no one-size-fits-all kind of system or unit. Each of the above types is designed for a specific space and purpose for which it excels if utilized properly. Of course, the opposite is true, too, with improper usage leading to diminished returns and overall lower efficiency.
Which type of AC is best for commercial use?
In this context, the “best” type will depend entirely on the size and layout of the building, as well as the specific requirements of the space and respective industry:
- Central systems are ideal for large commercial spaces, as even a single unit can efficiently maintain the desired temperature of the area. These systems can be customized in a variety of ways to suit the specific needs of the building. Plus, these units are quite durable, making them a phenomenal long-term investment.
- Rooftop units are the prime choice for spaces that require a lot of cooling power, as they are incredibly potent while being energy-efficient. They are also easy to install and maintain, and can be customized to suit the specific needs of the space.
- Split systems are best suited for facilities that have limited ductwork or require cooling only in some areas. Aside from being energy-efficient, these systems are also very quiet, making them an excellent choice for office buildings or other spaces where noise is a concern.
- Portable air conditioners, as the name suggests, are easy to install and can be moved from one location to another as needed. As such, they are the top pick for spaces that require temporary temperature control.
What else should I keep in mind when selecting a commercial AC?
In addition to the type of the air conditioning system, the two important factors to consider are:
- Energy efficiency: Highly efficient units help you reduce operating costs while having a positive impact on the environment. Therefore, look for a unit with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating, to see the best ROI.
- Maintenance requirements: Regular inspections and servicing are essential if you want your AC system to function optimally and for an extended period of time, which is why you should consider units that feature high component accessibility and availability.
Where can I find a grade-A portable AC rental near me?
Aerco Systems is your top choice if you are looking for high-quality air conditioning for your industrial or commercial property in Beaumont or any other part of Riverside County. Our team of experts has extensive knowledge of various ACs and can assist you in choosing the right unit size, type, and power for your exact needs. Reach out to us today for an easy and convenient way to improve your business!